Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week 1 status

I went to a wedding reception last night and a lot of my friends were there (the bride and groom are both ultrarunners, so a pretty good portion of the guests were folks I know from racing). Naturally, I got a lot of questions about how school was going. I've been fielding such queries at work, too.

The answer, of course, is that it's going fine, but that shouldn't be a surprise after just one week. It reminds me of the early parts of marathons where spectators will cheer you at mile 3 saying, "Looking good!" Well, I should hope so. If you're in trouble at that point, there isn't much chance of even finishing much less doing well.

That said, there is cause for optimism, even at this early stage. I have managed to get the books out every day. I'm up to date on reading and have done every problem at least in my head, if not formally writing it out. The adjustment back to classroom learning wasn't as big as I thought it might be. There's a very long way to go, but so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment