Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Way over

My weight, that is. For those who don't follow my running training log, I've been nursing a leg injury for the last five weeks. I fell during a run on trail and smashed the shin pretty badly. I thought it was better before running Little Woods, and it felt OK during the race, but in the days that followed it became obvious that a 50-mile run was not what the leg needed to finish healing up. I hobbled along for a few days before deciding to take a week off.

That's been extended to 10 days, though I did get in an hour on the bike and another hour on the elliptical trainer at UMSL last Sunday and Monday. Meanwhile, my weight has gone up precipitously. I usually gain a few pounds in January, but this year it's a full 10. That's probably not what I want to bring down to Texas for US100 champs next weekend, but I guess bringing a few extra pounds is better than bringing an injured leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment