Thursday, March 3, 2016

Texas toast

Off topic post today even though I did get some schoolwork done (finished the DBSCAN stuff, which is a good thing).

Flew to Texas midday for the Woodlands Marathon on Saturday. Yes, we've had some warm weather recently but, wow, not 85F. It was a shock to say the least. Of course, it won't be that hot at 7AM when the race starts. In fact, the current forecast isn't that bad: 60's for most of the race with the dew point in the 50's. That second number is the more important one and it's higher than I'd like, but not terrible.

This will almost certainly be the last time I'm ever invited to run in an elite field. While it's tempting to just run it easy and regard it as a reward for past results, I'm just not wired that way. I'll give it my best shot, even though that will be considerably slower than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment