Friday, April 15, 2016

Big finish

Astute readers may have already deduced from this week's posts and related study entries that I haven't been getting much done lately. Looks like I'm going to finish the week with a whopping 10 hours of schoolwork, which is about half what I'd expect at this point in the semester. There have been good reasons for the lull and I don't think I'm in trouble, but I'd better not slip any further.

Well, maybe two days further. My college roommate is coming to visit this evening and will run Double Chubb with me tomorrow. Even though we're just doing the 25K "Single" rather than the ultra, it will still be his longest trail race ever. He's completed a few marathons on roads and is generally a good technical runner, so I don't expect him to have trouble finishing, but it's still a big deal for him and I'm glad I'll be part of it.

He has to leave early Sunday morning, so I won't be using our time together to write a blog entry tomorrow. I'll post something about the race on Sunday.

Then, I really need to get on the gas to finish out this semester. I have a test in Data Mining next Thursday, assignments for both classes the following week and I really want to have the CISS paper pretty close before semester end (May 12).


No comments:

Post a Comment