Friday, April 29, 2016

Summer plans

I've pretty much firmed up my plans for the next three months. As I mentioned before, the overriding goal is to be completely prepared for the Q. I'm going to allocate 5 hours a week to that starting May 15. The Q date is TBD, but it will be sometime in September, so that's a little under the 100 hours I targeted, but that number is pretty arbitrary. I should know by July if I need to adjust.

The remaining available time in May will be devoted to finishing the CISS paper.

Starting June, I'll be digging into to Cluster Analysis in general and working on my partitioning algorithm in particular. The general research is more important at this point; I need to get current on the literature or I'm going to end up reinventing the wheel. While I'm at it, I'll start putting together my literature review for my dissertation.

I'm not really too concerned if I don't get a lot done on the partitioning algorithm. I don't expect I'd be able to write it up and publish it before next spring, anyway. If I hold off until then to do the heavy lifting, I can pack it into a CS5880 Independent Study course. That, along with this summer's research and my fall courses, would be enough to complete all my coursework.


No comments:

Post a Comment