Thursday, November 24, 2016

Sick day

Well, here's something that doesn't happen very often: I got sick. Not really sure what the problem was. Definitely wasn't a normal cold or flu. Woke up feeling a bit hung over (no surprise there as my wine club's big annual party is always Thanksgiving Eve). But, rather than feeling better once I got up, I very quickly started feeling a lot worse. After about fifteen minutes, I had to go back to bed and slept until noon. That's pretty unheard of with me.

At noon I got the dinner rolls rising (we do Thanksgiving at our church with a bunch of other families who have no relatives in town). Then I had to lie down again. Fortunately, by dinner I was feeling up to going over to church to bake the rolls and was able to enjoy the dinner. Still don't feel right, though.

My guess is that I'm just a lot more drained than I'm willing to admit. This has been a tough month. Physically, I've done a 100 and also given blood. Mentally, I'm at it 60-70 hours a week. Spiritually, it's just been flat out depressing to see so much hatred. I think when I poured a bunch of wine on that last night, my body just through in the towel and forced me to take a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment