Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Done

CISS Paper is done.
Plan (the major initiative I support at work) is done.
Semester is done.
Fall racing season is done.
Port of our reporting at work to HDFS is done.

All of these have gone to done in the last week. Not surprisingly, I'm a bit tired.

There are, of course, some loose ends.

The CISS paper, will need revisions before publication. That's assuming, of course, it even sees publication. That's much less of a sure thing than I'd like, but that's another day's worry.

The Plan initiative will have a recalc sometime early next year which will entail losing a night's sleep to production support.

The HDFS platform is working great in the non-production environment. There's a whole bunch of monitoring and automation that needs to be put in place before this becomes a true production system.

But, I'm still done with all the big tasks that needed to get done this year, except...

The Q.

I really need to get that checked off my list. February 10 is the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment