Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

I got a comment lately that my blog posts had gotten a bit dark. Well, I think they may be about to get a lot darker.

Simply put, I don't think anybody on the faculty at UMSL believes in me. I'm not sure why that's the case. I would think that a 4.0 student who's passed the Q and has two papers more or less ready for publication would generate some interest. But, that is definitely not the vibe I'm getting. One faculty member has more than subtly suggested that I may be at the wrong place.

I have no idea what to do in this situation. Frankly, I never even contemplated it. It's one thing to fight your own doubts; quite another to address those of others (especially when you don't even know where those doubts are coming from).

I'm not giving up yet but, if I can't find someone who is really serious about working with me on a thesis, I'll have to concede that this is a hopeless task.

No comments:

Post a Comment