Sunday, December 10, 2017

Delegation

Another week of very little progress on the paper as we get year end things finished up at work.

One could argue that, since I'm in charge of the group, I could just delegate a few more things. Technically, writing code isn't even in an architect's job description, though I do a fair bit of it. This last bit was a module that I really should have handed off because it was quite a bit of work. However, it was done rather badly the first time and I just didn't want to risk it being done badly again because it's rather central to the whole system.

As with my research, I need a big block of hours to be productive coding and that simply doesn't happen during normal business hours. So, since knocking out a big chunk of code during the day is pretty much fantasy land, I end up doing it at night. I like coding at night, but that doesn't leave any room for research.

Fortunately, it's done and we don't have any big pushes for a few months. I need to start using those evening blocks for research.

No comments:

Post a Comment