Thursday, November 5, 2015

Wake up!

I appear to have been caught napping in Languages. This isn't arrogance, it's optimization. Thanks to a bonus question on the first exam, I'm running a 102% average in Languages. Meanwhile, Algorithms is taking a lot of effort just to stay in the A range and, more importantly, this is the most critical time of year at work (it's no exaggeration to say that if my team messes up October/November, the other 10 months don't count). So, I've been kinda coasting in Languages.

Today, in advance of next week's exam, the prof gave a quiz. All easy stuff right out of the book.

... except I didn't know a bunch of it because I'm behind on reading.

So, need to fix that and soon. Work is more or less under control for the moment. I can probably get by with 40-45 hours between now and the exam on Thursday.

Algorithms has an assignment due next week, but I've only got one problem to go on it; 2 hours tops. I'm even on reading and will have Thanksgiving week to catch up if I get a little behind. Five hours over the next seven days should keep things under control.

That leaves about 15 hours available for Languages. There's an assignment due on Wednesday that I've got mostly done and I'll need to catch up on the reading. Five hours for those two. The remaining ten hours will spent be doing every (or as many as I can) problem and exercise in the chapters covered in the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment