Friday, April 28, 2017

Time warp

This is a pop psychology post by a rank amateur. If that bothers you, stop reading now.

Everybody has days that "feel" like they should be some other day of the week. Vacations and three-day weekends particularly mess with your inner settings. I don't know why a Wednesday feels different than a Tuesday, but it definitely does. This week, I feel like I've been off one day. In particular, I was sure Tuesday was a Wednesday and Wednesday sure felt like Thursday.

It occurred to me that this might have been the result of Monday's all-nighter. As I mentioned on Tuesday, it's been several years since I've truly worked through the night. Usually I get at least a few hours sleep.

Knowing that I was probably going to be up all night, I took a bit of a break for dinner, spent some time with Kate, and even had a 20-minute nap. I sat down to work at 8PM and finished up around 5AM. Basically, a full work day. I then took another quick nap before heading in to work. I'm wondering if my brain didn't simply register that session as a full day and throw my internal schedule off.

No comments:

Post a Comment