Wednesday, April 12, 2017

You can't be serious

"Take some time off." "Surely, you can't be serious." That's Kevin Lomax's response to his boss' suggestion that he take some time to tend to his life outside of work in The Devil's Advocate, one of my favorite books and films. He doesn't, and loses everything in the process.

I'm on my way to Boston. This trip can be charitably described as "ill conceived." "Bat-shit crazy" also comes to mind. Taking a week off in the middle of my toughest semester the day that my biggest project at work goes live. The most amazing thing is that absolutely nobody has told me to do otherwise. Maybe the stress fractures in my life are more obvious to others than I realize.

Anyway, I'm going, and Yaya is coming with me. We'll deal with the fallout when I return. Posting may be a bit sporadic in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment