Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Big finish

In most things, it's pretty easy to put out a big effort right at the end. In running, many people sprint to the finish line once they can see it. However, turning up the intensity with a mile and a half to go will pull back a lot more time and places.

I feel like that's where I am with this paper right now. There's still 1-2 weeks of solid work and probably another week of clean up and submission. It's too far out for doing something crazy like pulling 2 or 3 all nighters. I'd just be too tired to edit carefully and make a bunch of mistakes. But, it is time to really push. I think if I get 20-25 hours in each of the next two weeks, I'll be in really good shape on this one.

My reward for that is that that's exactly when I can return to running as my broken foot should be healed on May 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment