Saturday, October 24, 2015

Well, shoot.

I feel like Michael Corleone. My decision to step back from running isn't sticking very well. Kate's best friend, Kelli, is visiting from Texas. Her husband is thinking about running The Woodlands Marathon again in 2016. Last year I entered to offer a bit of moral support (it was his first marathon). Apparently, he really liked the fact that I was there. Kelli likes any opportunity to get with Kate, so now they are both pushing for us to come down.

It's a good race. Fast course, well organized, and good post-race (especially for me, since I was put in the elite field). As I took home cash prizes in two divisions (3rd Master, 1st Senior), I expect they'd stick me in elite again.

On the other hand, it's an expensive trip with all three of us flying and I don't know what kind of fitness I could bring. Certainly less than last year. I'll probably do it because I really am addicted to this stuff. I emailed the elite coordinator. If he puts me in, I'll do it and hope I don't embarrass him too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment