Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Spring is here!

No, not real spring. It's 18F and snowing right now. But spring semester has officially begun. Today's class was "Data Mining". It's a joint upper undergrad/grad class, meaning it's the same lectures, but the grad students have to do a bunch of extra independent stuff. I'm fine with that. Actually, more than fine with it; I'm at my best when I can just dig into a problem on my own.

The prof is personable and engaging. This is his particular research interest, and that definitely shows. I was sufficiently impressed after the first class that I may ask if he'd be interested in joining my dissertation committee. I think I'll turn something in first, though. Always good to ask such things after you've done something to prove yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment