Tuesday, September 15, 2015

TDD

I have to admit, I'm not 100% sold on Test Driven Design. I think it's as good as any other paradigm, but I'm not sure it's any better. That said, it is the bomb when dealing with problems on the order of homework assignments (which probably explains why it's THE NEXT BIG THING). I put together a few programs using TDD for my Algorithms class and it was pretty quick work. Way faster than traditional Design/Code/Test. And, that was with having the algorithms already worked out in advance.

Unfortunately, the difference  between homework assignment problems and the problems we solve in real life for six-figure salaries are quite different. I'm still willing to go that route given that my current employer has made it clear they want me to, but I'm not sure the gains are quite as obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment