Thursday, February 11, 2016

All dayer

Another very long day at work digging out from a failed migration. I managed to beg off until 11AM since I was up all night. Then, it was war room until, well, I'm still in here (7PM), so who knows?

There is a part of me that has always wanted to do my PhD on IT development processes. To say there is room for improvement is a colossal understatement. The piece that went bad on this one should never have made it through testing. Too many assumptions were built into the acceptance criteria. Given the number of people who stayed up last night, spent the day in the war room, and will re-deploy tomorrow, this was probably around 50 grand spent for lack of clear specification of the problem.

Anyway, I skipped class and have had no time to do any school work. Fortunately, I'm currently caught up. Or, I was until recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment