Wednesday, February 10, 2016

All nighter

I worked through the night a few times in undergrad. I don't recall ever doing while at Cornell, but I might have. I do it at work all the time. Tonight is one such time. We're installing a new version of our tools and have to convert the data. Most of it is automated work, but there's enough hand-holding that it ends up being all night with just a few naps.

I suppose there are many who would think that such efforts are a bit nutty. Maybe so. It's always been a reality, so I don't really give it too much thought. I would certainly not want it to be a regular thing, but I don't mind it every now and then. That said, with classes ramping up, this one hurts a bit. I'll probably take tomorrow off (from work, I'll still go to class). Overtime is nice, but so is sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment