Sunday, January 22, 2017

The right way to handle a loss

No, not me losing. I don't handle that particularly well and doubt I ever will.

The Packers lost today. I couldn't care less. Yaya does, though. I'm not sure what got her turned onto rooting for the Pack, but she certainly does. Anyway, she was disappointed that they won't go to the Super Bowl. She got bummed enough about it that she turned off the TV well before the game was over (it didn't seem likely that they would come back from 31-0).

Then, she went downstairs and played her trumpet for a couple hours. She came back up in pretty good spirits.

She had already practiced before the game, so this was just her way of dealing with it. I'm no psychology expert, but I'm pretty sure that dealing with disappointment by turning your attention to something you're good at is a pretty sound coping strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment