Monday, December 14, 2015

Last call

I'm writing this before the final because I have a few minutes to kill and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want to do anything but sleep after the final is over.

I've done the homework, and done it well. I've read the sections in the book (several times). I've done all the exercises and at least thought about most of the problems. You'd think I'd be pretty confident going into this one.

I'm not. I don't know why. I guess it's just lack of familiarity with test taking in general, but I keep thinking I'm just going to go completely blank on some super easy problem and fall apart. I really need to keep doing my test-taking drills (which have been productive but, like any form of exercise, it takes a fair bit of it to make a big difference). I also let myself get a little behind in the reading and that's probably not a good thing.

All that said, there is some reality intruding here. This is about as well prepared as I'm going to be able to be going into any exam. We'll know soon if it's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment