Wednesday, December 2, 2015

NP is Complete

The final homework for Algorithms was all NP-Complete stuff and I was expecting it to be fairly tough stuff. I won't say it was easy, but it took a lot less time than I figured. That's a good thing because I didn't get as much done over break as I probably should have (seems I still don't know how to take advantage of a break). There's still a couple hours of Languages homework, then it's "just" exam prep.

All in all, I'd say this semester has shaken out pretty much as I expected. Languages was a bit light, which was disappointing because it could be a pretty deep class. Still, it was comprehensive, and probably not as superficial as it seemed to me. When you've been programming for over 30 years, it's sometimes hard to remember how hard some of these concepts can be when you're seeing them for the first time.

Algorithms was fairly meaty and, while I am carrying an A average right now, punting the final could change that, so I still have plenty of work to do.

Simply put, it's been a lot of work, but it's clear I can get through the coursework. The dissertation is another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment